Friday, February 19, 2010

What I Did (or started) On My President's Day Vacation

(that's styrafoam against the bottom wall there, it was all over the whole room when I started.)

We have giant closets in our house, which is a rarity in a house built in 1923. Really they're big crawl spaces under the slope of the roof on the sides of our dormers.
On Monday, I decided to swap out the disgusting, moldy, falling down, health hazard-y insulation and put up new, clean insulation.
In the midst of the project my Mom came over and instigated a larger-scale project than I had intended, but I am really pleased with the results.I covered the ceiling with bead board and then we built in this shelving against the wall.
Now we have somewhere to keep the linens, a spot for the Elder Hug-a-Bug's dirty laundry and a place for her pony house too.

I moved the Younger Hug-a-Bug's dresser into the other massive closet in the room and moved the toys to the main area.
It's already made the space feel much bigger. I really am quite pleased with the whole situation.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweetie, I think that moving the dressers into their own lairs is a great idea! I bet the kids like having their respective spaces and the resulting play area is a bonus !
    Nice working with you, and thank's for the cookies!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete