Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Strawberries!

The last two weeks of June and the first two weeks of July are my favorite time of year.
Not only is my birthday, and the birthdays of both of my parents-in-law, during that stretch of time, and the catalpa trees are all a-bloom, it's also Strawberry Time!
It was a little gloomy yesterday morning, the perfect kind of weather to go berry picking.
My friend Nancy and I brought most of our kids and went to my favorite berry field.
We picked for about an hour, and then we said our goodbyes and set off home to process our harvest.
I made some freezer jam, which didn't set up but is still quite delicious. We had it on pancakes this morning and it was a taste sensation.
Since the first batch is more like strawberry sauce, I will just have to go back and pick some more berries and try again.
Happy First Day of Summer!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! We will be berry picking next week when the children have finished school - it's been too hot here though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess! Where do you go berry picking? I've been meaning to take the girls...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always go to Afton Apple, I'll link to the address in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE strawberry picking!! Wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been berry picking and now I really want to!

    ReplyDelete