Tuesday, November 13, 2012

First Snow

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this fall.

There wasn't much, but what there was made driving the kids to school a harrowing experience.
Usually it takes about 12 minutes door to door to the kids' school, but with the icy roads and multiple accidents to go around it took 30.
It took another 30 to get 3/4 of the way back, so I stopped off at my parents' house and hunkered down until it melted.
It was nice to have a little impromptu time with my mom, and we chatted for a couple of hours.
By lunchtime the Youngest was getting cranky, so I packed us up and we went home.
There was a big traffic jam on the way, and so I sat back and prepared myself for more bad roads.
Turns out that the jam was because of this -



I think this big tree was on its way to Rice Park, to start off the Christmas season super early, though who am I to talk about early, since I spent Saturday caroling in a local mall...

Time for me to make up some ornaments, I think!
Happy Tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment