Tuesday, October 23, 2018

A Lovely Weekend

The third weekend of October is always a long one, set aside for Minnesota Educators to do some professional development, and for families to do some relational development. 
This year we took a couple of quick road trips to some nearby natural wonders, and a couple of unnatural wonders, too.
First there was a visit to Willow River State Park in Wisconsin, only a quick drive from home despite crossing state lines.


I'm constantly on the lookout for their album cover, just in case they ever form a band together...

Then on Sunday we took a drive to Minneopa Falls, just outside Mankato MN.


 I'm a sucker for sandstone graffiti.
 Mama, I'm that statue! I'm thinking, I'm thinking, I'm thinking.
 Family photo
 Album cover, number two.
After all that naturing we decided to try something else, and we visited Minnesota's Largest Candy Store.




 That blur in the bottom is the Youngest trying to step on the Hulk's feet. Such a rebel...
It was a lovely weekend, and I am so happy that I got to share it with my favorite people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment