Monday, November 12, 2007

Why I love our park


This is the view from our park which is 1 block away and an easy walk for 22 month-old legs.

Also an easy ride on a trike for a 47 month-old.

I was feeling a little down today and this trip to the park was just what I needed.

The Elder Hug-a-bug is 4 years old in one month from today. The looming b-day is a source of some anxiety. With all of the toy recalls, I am hard-pressed to allow the mother-in-law to do her usual shower of gifts. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but I also don't want to risk lead-laden toys, or worse.

I think that I will trundle off to my rehearsal now.

see you all later.

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Ahh-- I live about 5 blocks from that park. Looks like we're neighbors.

    The lovely couple in the white rambler right next to the park (also adjoins the empty wooded lot for sale) found my dogs & invited them inside after my father accidentally let them out by opening up all house doors *and* the garage two years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give the in-laws a list of all the good stuff - books, music CDs, a day at a museum/zoo, cards games, board games, etc. - or even fiber! (no, not the ingestible kind)

    Enjoy the blustery day!

    ReplyDelete