Sunday, December 9, 2007

Hug-a-bug birthday part 1

Our elder Hug-a-bug turns 4 on wednesday.

We had the family party today.

It went pretty well considering my total and complete lack of planning.

We had intended, long ago, to make this a kid-ful party with games, crafts, something...

Anyway, we decided that we had left it too long to invite anyone.

This morning H-a-b asked if her friends were coming to her party.

I made some last-minute calls, to no avail.

Luckily our friend who just had a baby sent herhusband and daughter anyway so H-a-b had one friend here.



The big present from us was a bookshelf turned puppet theater.

I found a bookshelf with two shelves and no back at my favorite junk/antique mall and removed the upper shelf.

I then reattached the shelf vertically and added some curtains and trim. The whole thing took about a whole day with paint drying.

I think it came out pretty cute.



















I lost my camera, so I don't have any pictures of the process, but it was pretty easy.


have a great sunday,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Jess: your puppet theater is adorable. What a brilliant idea! I've been thinking of making some sort of theater. Have you seen the ones that hang in a door frame? I've been inspired by Tasha Tudor's book "A Time to Keep." In the book the characters make the sweetest puppets and home theater. What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest thing! I bet she loves it!

    Happy birthday, to her!

    ReplyDelete