Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New photo of old work


I have just come from Flickr. I took some pictures of two of the Wee Wonderfuls dolls that I made last year, and I added them to the Wee Wonderfuls Flickr group.

I made them in the spring and I have just now gotten around to taking pics. They are both a little grubby, but luckily that doesn't really show up in the photos.

These are Spaceboy and Robot from the Put-Together Book 2, along with the Uglyworm (which was a present for the Younger Hug-a-Bug on the occasion of his birth from our good friend Maimie Woo), and my miniature rocket prototype. I think the Uglyworm looks kinda like an alien, so I set them all up together in scenes on the Younger Hug-a-Bug's bed. I like to think that they are all friends.
These dolls are for the kids, really, I mean it...

The Wee Wonderfuls directions are easy to follow, and the dolls go together in an afternoon.

I had the world's greatest assistant in the Elder Hug-a-Bug. She did most of the stuffing.
Nothing too new and exciting around here.
I did come to the realization, yesterday, that I could never hack it as an arctic explorer.
I will preface this by saying that I started the day full of bravado.
I even mocked my poor mother because she happens to come from California and she was feeling the cold.
I think I told her that I was a hardy Minnesotan, and she was a light-weight or something to that effect...
Anyway, I had to fill up my car with gas later that day, and I had forgotten to take my gloves.
Holding the nozzle, even with my hands inside my long-sleeved t-shirt, sweater and coat, was very uncomfortable.
I have rarely in my life been that cold.
Then to top it all off, I was at the top of a hill.
Somehow, all of the wind on the planet was converging on that hill at that moment at that gas pump.
I felt the layers of skin eroding from my face.
The temp was in the single digits above or below zero, but the wind-chill must have been at least 250 degrees below.
I am looking forward to February.
I hear that we'll see some temperatures in the 20s. Heaven.
That is the end of my whine about the weather.
I will say that I have been enjoying looking at the weather through my windows, sitting by my radiator, with some hot tea...
The sky yesterday had that silvery look that it gets at dawn in the winter, really quite beautiful.
I started the new semester at the Yarnery yesterday.
Had a lovely group of ladies in my class, most of whom I had taught before.
It was nice to catch up and hear about vacations and see pictures of grand-kids.
I am also glad to get back to having a schedule.
I am offically finished with the holiday lay-arounds.
I woke up very early this morning, so I will sign off now.
Have a restful evening.
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment