Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Yarn Along


It's Wednesday, so that means it's time for Yarning Along with Ginny!
These books are both finished, The Elder and I are participating in a Mother/Daughter Book Club with some of her classmates and the book this month is Clementine by Sara Pennypacker. We finished it last night, and I was surprised how emotional I got when I was reading it.
Fun story, interesting characters, and well-suited to a first grade reader.
The other book is Cleopatra A Life by Stacy Schiff, which I read when I was on my Mother's Day weekend adventure. I haven't Yarned Along since then, so I thought I'd slip it in here.
Really interesting story.
I'm knitting some sweaters for the Elder, the first one I made I ran out of yarn, so it's a little skimpy, I decided to try it again with different yarn, but she chose almost the identical color.
What are you knitting and reading today?

9 comments:

  1. I love the color :) it's really nice shade. oh my, it would kill me to run out of yarn and than START AGAIN! wow! good luck with knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of your blog is great!
    Such a pretty shade of blue for the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you thinking of Cleopatra? I've heard lots of good things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleopatra was fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Clementine! She's a great character! The knitting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that blue! But also, I think I would curl up into a little ball & cry if I got that far along & then had to start again...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brave to have started over - I might have thrown a fit...I love the colour your daughter chose!

    ReplyDelete