Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Yarn Along

Time to Yarn Along with Ginny.
I'm quite excited to say that I have made a little progress on the yoke of a sweater that's been on the needles for a long, LONG time.
I started it 3 years ago, and just haven't had the right recipe for the yoke.
I've started it 3 times, with 3 different patterns. I thought about designing it myself, and was too busy to sit down and do it.
Then, last week I spotted a darling sweater on Ravelry with a sweet patterned yoke. I thought I had better just jump in or I would never get it finished.

It's taken a little fudging to get my already established pattern to gel with the chart from the Drops cardi, but I think I have it in the right place now.
So, a few minutes stolen here and there and I should be able to make some headway this week!
I haven't had much time to devote to A Dance with Dragons lately, but I have read Blueberries for Sal about 10 times in the past few days. It's a good thing that book never gets old.
What's on your needles lately?

2 comments:

  1. I always loved McCloskey...Blueberries for Sal and One Morning in Maine maybe even better than Make Way for Ducklings. I'm pretty sure those are all the same author. It's been awhile! Great knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sweater. I've been on the prowl for a good "me" sweater to learn fair isle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete