Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Crafting On

I have a new best friend. 
It's is this -
My friend posted on facebook that she had one, and would anyone like it, and I cried Yes! A thousand times Yes!
I have been coveting one of these for many years. 
Hand knitting will always be a craft that I enjoy, but I have no love for the seemingly endless stockinette that presents itself in some projects.
Since I got this beauty on Friday (late, like after sunset, because I just couldn't wait another minute) I have finished the back and half of the front of a sweater for The Elder, 
and this scarf (the body of the scarf was on the machine, I did the face and tail by hand).
I still have a ways to go before I am truly proficient at the machine. 
The front of the purple sweater is so short because with one pass of the cartridge I managed to disengage every needle and the whole thing fell off.
Also, the foxy scarf is about 2 feet too long. 
Once you get into a rhythm it's very appealing to just keep going.
So, I think I am going to cut the top 20 inches off and make it into a hat, and then re-knit the fox face on the scarf.
In hand-knitting news, I am so very nearly finished with Grettir. 
I had hoped to finish it this weekend, but I got distracted (see above).
Just the Kitchener bind off and blocking left to do.
What are you creating lately? 
Joining up with Nicole for KCCO.



4 comments:

  1. I am so glad it found a good home. You've done 100x more with it in 48 hours than I did in 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how exciting! I love the fox scarf. :)

    I've looked at these before and wondered how they were different from the knitting board - now I see it better. Thank you for sharing - enjoy your new treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A knitting machine!?! What a treat! I've always wanted to try a knitting machine. Looking forward to your adventures with it and what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! That is the coolest machine ever! I wouldn't even know where to start with such a thing, but you seem to have the skill indeed. That fox is so so very cool. Enjoy your new machine! :)

    ReplyDelete