Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sunshine, Almost All the Time, Makes Me High

So, I have been coveting this color of Kauni for about a year, but I wasn't keen on knitting it because I knew that what I wanted was a big stockinette scarf or something and I was too lazy to knit it. 
Enter my new best friend.
I knit up this entire ball in an hour while I was listening to Poems and Prayers and Promises on the record player (which The Younger doesn't want anyone to use, since it's his, and I have to sneak during the day).
Sunshine on My Shoulder came on and I knew that should be the name of this colorway from now on.
 Then I realized that what I really wanted to do was Kitchener the two ends together and make a cowl, and what I had so far was going to be too short, so while I reknit it I listened to this little beauty -
 I gotta say, I don't know if there is an album that epitomizes the music of 1985 more succinctly than the soundtrack to The Breakfast Club.
 Sunshine on My Shoulder (or neck) in action.
Kauni is a little scratchy so I got it wet and I'll see if the fibers relax a little, if not I think I'll have to pick up some Eucalan from the shop.
What's on your needles today?

2 comments:

  1. Did the scratchiness subside? I'm making a Dreambird out of Kauni and am worried about it. In either case, do you want the leftovers of my multicolor one when I'm done? I bought it years ago in Germany, and the hank I got was the equivalent of over 3 balls. I finally found something to make with it, and I'll be quite over it by the time I'm done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa,
    I think I'll have to soak it in some Eucalan, it was still a little itchy even after blocking.
    Enjoy your knitting!

    ReplyDelete