Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Hat and a Spare

A friend of mine is a wonderful seamstress, and makes lovely things that she sells around town.
We arranged a swap for a pair of delightful overalls, and my side of the bargain was a hat for her daughter.
She wanted it to be slouchy, and grey.
I made up this hat, with help from other hats around Ravelry.

It's knitted as a rectangle first, then sewn into a circle, and lastly I picked up the cuff along one edge.
It came out so nice, I decided to reknit a failed hat for a friend in the same style. I used the lace chart from Gothic Lace Cowl from Tin Can Knits.

It's a super easy pattern to remember, and I am enjoying the repetition of it.
What's on your needles?

Joining Nicole for KCCO
Joining Ginny for Yarn Along.

7 comments:

  1. Your wonderfully simple strategy has produced two very lovely hats. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually quite a smart way to knit a hat. You can measure as you go rather than knit half and realize it's going to be too big (or too small). great idea. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hat would never have though of making it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds like a good trade! The hat came out real nice. And I like the cowl pattern you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Slouchy hats are totally "in" right now! :-)

    I'd love if you'd link up to my weekly Yarn Fanatic Party! http://philwife.blogspot.com/2015/02/yarn-fanatic-party-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! What a great idea to exchange like that!

    ReplyDelete