Sunday, August 24, 2008

there's no place I'd rather go-ta

If you live in the Twin Cities, you know that it's time for the Fair.
When I say "the Fair" I am, of course, referring to the Great Minnesota Get-Together, the Minnesota State Fair.
I love the Fair.
I love the animals,

I love the people watching,


I love the food.
(tee hee I could'nt help taking a picture of this one)
(These homemade tater tots were one of the new foods this year, I highly recommend them.)

I have been a Fair-goer for many years, and I have always had my mainstay events.
(in no particular order)
1. Must have a Corn Dog. (not a Pronto-Pup, most Minnesotans will have a die-hard preference)
2. Must have Tiny Tim Donuts (no other stand will do for this Fair-goer)
(These were particularly delicious, so fresh I had to wait for them to get sugared and bagged.)
3. Must take a trip through the barns and see the lovely fluffy cows and happy goats.
4. Must have All You Can Drink Milk
(For Real, all you can drink for a dollar! Of course, way back when I was a kid it was only a quarter...)
5. If we can swing it, go back in the evening after a nice nap.
With the addition of kids to our party, we have added a few new must-dos;
1. Must go to the Kidway and take some rides. (the Hug-a-Bugs rode on 6 and 7 rides respectively)
2. Must take a tour of the Little Farm Hands exhibit
3. Must take a ride on the Space Tower or Sky Ride or both.
As a family we spent from 8:30 to 1:45 or so at the Fair, and after we went home for the Younger Hug-a-Bug's nap my lovely parents-in-law took the kids for the evening and the Hubby and myself went back for a little grown-up date time.
These folks are just ordinary Fair-goers that I saw yesterday. I loved how you could see their shadows holding hands.

A fun day with the whole fam, no tantrums, nobody darted into a giant crowd, couldn't have had better weather, really the perfect Fair experience.

mmm. my mouth is still watering thinking about the mini donuts...
Jess

2 comments:

  1. What -- no trip to Creative Activities? You have a lot of self control to do only kid friendly stuff at the Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fair, too! And your pictures are great. We're going on Sunday and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete