Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer 9

Today was quiet at the fifthlampdown household.
The Elder and the Younger are away at Grandparent camp.
We'll see them again on Thursday, but not before they have lots of fun in a hotel pool and arcade, swim in a lake and spend time at the trailer and visit the Science Museum to see an exhibit about Pirates.
As for us grownups and the Youngest, we're laying low.
The weather is very humid and hot, so I spent most of today huddled in front of the tv watching one of my favorite movies of all time, knitting and recuperating from mastitis.

I'm combining today's Summer update with Yarn Along-
The Ariana Shell is coming along. I am in a section that is 14 inches of stockinette, so it's slow-going, but I can do it anywhere and not think about it.
I'm reading a biography of Abigail Adams called Dearest Friend by Lynne Withey for book club.
It's an interesting read.
There's a lot of John Adams in here, but not at the expense of Abigail's story. Ms. Withey makes the time period come alive. She puts in great details like how Abigail procured the goods to care for her house and feed her family, and what it was like raising children in colonial America.
So far, I would definitely recommend the book to history lovers.
What's on your needles and off your bookshelf this week?




4 comments:

  1. Just love the color of the shell. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feeling your mastitis pain. Hope it is short lived for both of us! Knitting is a great cure I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon! Grandparent camp sounds like fun, wish I could go to be spoiled. Lovely knitting, and take care to get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sorry you're dealing with that. I started to come down with it about a month ago, but caught it in time. At least you have an excuse to lay around and knit!

    ReplyDelete