Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Day 2

We had lots of new today.
The Elder got a haircut.
The Younger got a bike.
Both of them found many new ways to fight with each other.
They fought over who got to water the garden.
They fought over not wanting to share anything.
They fought over who got to give The Youngest her nuk.
For myself, I arrived at a new level of irritation, and lost it a little with my darlings.


On a day like this, with so much new-ness both good and bad, all I have to do is visit my perennials blooming in the garden to gain a little perspective.
They'll come up and bloom regardless of whether someone likes their meal, or can stand to be in the same room with a sibling, or allows the cumulative effect of many tantrums and systematic sleep deprivation push them over the edge.







1 comment:

  1. Well this cracked me up (probably not your intent ;)) mainly because I can relate!

    Today was our Day 2 of summer as well--it rained all day. I just came in from the front porch where I finally got a Very Fussy Baby to calm down after listening to the raindrops, frogs, and birdies.

    Hope tomorrow goes better!

    ReplyDelete