Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Catching Up

December was a kind of blur.
There were 9 concerts (seven sung, one conducted, one facilitated with 20 piano students), one radio appearance (with The Singers), 1 dollhouse rehabbed, 10 Christmas stockings, half a mitten and a hat knitted, one birthday party (12 years old on 12/12, we celebrated with a dozen sprays of roses, and a dozen donuts)

One long-overdue Christmas present of a back porch mural at my parents' house.
                                                  
                        


 Two Christmas Eve services, between which we had a little pre-Christmas gifting.


Christmas morning, and lots of family time.


A terrifying performance of Mozart's Laudamus Te at church (morning service, woke up with the sneezies, low A, high C, what could go wrong? It was actually fine, but I was pretty nervous about it!)
And as a capper on it all, I am teaching two kids' sewing camps this week.
I'm so very lucky to be surrounded by art and music and loved ones, I wish the same for you.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exhausting but wonderful holiday!
    I love the mural. Did you paint it freehand? I've stenciled on walls, but haven't had the nerve to do an original mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drew the outlines freehand, and then fine tuned and erased and fine tuned for a bit before I filled in the lines with paint

      Delete