Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Prep

I got a stocking order last week for a friend's family. All of them were to have the same background pattern and then personalized tops. As it happened, I had a whirlwind trip to Chicago this weekend with The Singers MCA, which included 12 hours of bus riding. Since I wanted to maximize my productivity, I worked on all three in a long tube. I worked the foot portion and added in holder yarn for an afterthought heel, then when I had enough length I broke the yarn and worked one row of extra yarn so I could come back later and work the remainder of the stocking. 
(Christmas came early, I got a new camera, but I hit a snag. Funny story: we have two usb ports on the computer, but I need the camera, the mouse and the Wi-Fi connections to upload photos... I'll put my tech support on it when he gets home) 


 Once I got home I pulled out the extra yarn and was able to knit the toe and heel. Then I added the mushrooms (so sweet) and the name (which is hidden, lest the recipient is reading) and a loop for hanging.
 (The Wiz was a perfect accompaniment to knitting)
One down, two to go.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that's gorgeous - the mushrooms just add such a lovely note of whimsey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! That is a lot of stocking knitting. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a divine little design. I would love my Christmas gifts to come one of those beauties. The mushrooms are perfect.

    ReplyDelete