Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thanks!

Golly, thanks for all of the sweater love!

I have convinced the Elder Hug-a-Bug to wear it during these past really cold days, but she rips it off as soon as she gets to school.
sigh
It's really for her to decide.
I will not control her clothing habits.
wallow finished.

On to my favorite moment today-

We were hanging out and the Elder starts singing "I've Got Peace Like a River" so I put on the Elizabeth Mitchell record and we all started singing along, and they were playing so nicely and then I had peace like a river and joy like a fountain, and as quickly as it came, it passed, and then came the screaming and smashing of cars and ramps.

What can one do?

We also had fun today making the Valentines cards for the Elder's class.
I cut a potato in half and cut out a heart shape with a cookie cutter, then I cut the excess away from around the heart, and voila! instant potato stamp.
We have 19 Valentines to make so I divided some card stock into 9ths and she stamped one heart into each section.
When they are dry we will cut them apart and then she'll sign each one.
They came out pretty awesome.
What can I say, my daughter is a genius at Valentines.
I guess I can just add that to the list of her talents, which are myriad.

Have a great weekend,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. HELLO JESSICA! I would like to add that I think that the Elder is also a very snappy dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I sympathize with the unappreciated wardrobe additions. Will the sweater fit her for a while? I've had a few occasions where a neglected garment has been rescued from the back of the closet at a much later time.

    I like Elder's jumper!

    ReplyDelete