Monday, September 14, 2009

Lost

Well, here we are on the third day of school and we can't find the Elder's lunch bag.
She brought it home on Friday (I think) but today it's missing.
So it's a good thing that I used to collect lunch boxes.
I made a reusable sandwich wrap and a reusable snack bag to reduce our lunch waste,

("it has been estimated that on average a school-age child using a disposable lunch generates 67 pounds of waste per school year. That equates to 18,760 pounds of lunch waste for just one average-size elementary school." from http://www.wastefreelunches.org/)

and those are in the lunch bag too, so today she'll have to use a baggie or two.

Here's hoping that she finds her lunch bag on the bus or in her locker today.
While she's gone I'll do a top to bottom search of the house.

I still have leftover supplies for the lunch bag and sandwich wrap, so if our searches come up empty I can still get her what she needs for school.

The Elder's response to the loss was - That's o.k., I have a lunch tag and I can buy lunch at school!
I don't think we want to go down that road, so by the end of the week she'll have a lunch bag whether it's her old one or a new one.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, how do things get so easily lost? Steven left two sports bags on the school bus complete with kit, we never saw them again! At least you're handy at making lunch bags, not so easy with a sports kit!
    X X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the lunch box will show up soon--it always does. I've been thinking of making snack bags and sandwich wraps...did you use your own pattern or a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete