Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yarn Along

It's Yarn Along time, thanks to Ginny for hosting!
I am knitting the Last Christmas Stocking of the Year!
I can't tell you how excited I am about that.
There has been little in the way of trips to the zoo, or the woods, or the museums, or anywhere much at all, for about a month an a half while I furiously knitted the other 11 stockings on my order list this year.
If I finish this one quickly, I might even be able to get in some serious work on a sweater for the Younger.
He wants one with a dragon on it, and I must obey an order for knitwear from the kids, who knows how long they'll be interested.
As for reading, I finished Outlander last week, and now we're into the Christmas books.
Nothing says Christmastime to me like pulling out an old favorite from the basket of picture books.
The latest read was Santa Calls by William Joyce.
I love reading picture books with really beautiful art, and interesting stories filled with whimsy and imagination.
William Joyce always fits the bill.
I highly recommend Dinosaur Bob, and The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs too, if you're new to his work.

11 comments:

  1. Jess you are an inspiration to me!!!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stocking is lovely! I've always admired multi-color work like that and been nervous to try it myself. You're doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stocking, I wish I could work with so many colors...maybe one day! Thanks for the book recommendations, I'm a succer for beautifully illustrated books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11 stockings, wow! I'm very impressed with the reindeer and colors, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11 knitted stockings !?! you have been knitting like crazy ! hopefully you have more knitting on your to do list because it looks like we're going to have a very cold & snowy winter (good for staying inside & knitting)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stocking :) My aim is to eventually make some for my family LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stocking looks great! I can't believe you've made 11 stockings already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really amazes me what people can create with knitting. I crochet so it's not quite the same. I love the reindeer. I would be curious to see a dragon stocking. Hope you post it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your stocking is beautiful!! I can only dream of creating something with such an intricate pattern. One day *grin*. Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a comment about the books you are talking about. I saw Blueberries for Sal in a storefront window and freaked out! Do you remember that big, beautiful book?

    PS I miss you and am so ready to hug you and see you sooN!!!!

    ReplyDelete