Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yarn Along!

It's been weeks since I got it together to join Ginny for Yarn Along, but I made it today.
I have been knitting and knitting and reading and reading for the past few weeks. It's been all George R. R. Martin as far as the books go.
Game of Thrones was the first, and now I am on the 4th installment of his series - A Feast for Crows.
These books are intense, and long, and full of fascinating characters and they're really hard to put down!

This is the beginning of my Voluta sweater, I have finished the bottom border and I am about to knit the short rows for the back. It's a lovely pattern, and I am thoroughly enjoying the knit.
So far, though, it's been only 37 or so stitches in a row, and now there are something like 300 stitches. My progress should be notably slower than it's been since I started this on Saturday.

What are you reading and knitting today?

7 comments:

  1. Oh My that looks like a difficult pattern! Also I love the rug in your header photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a very interesting pattern to knit. I can't wait to see the finished sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 300 stitches! That's a lot of knitting! I love the border so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's looking beautiful jes! happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm being sucked along by grr Martin too, also on a feast for crows, but I listen to it so I can knit along! So who is John Snow's mother?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a wonderful sweater!

    http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/keep-calm-and-craft-on.html

    ReplyDelete