Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Yarn Along

It's very, very early on Wednesday, so it's time for Yarn Along!
I just happened to be up with a sad, gassy baby. So, we took a trip to the pharmacy for some relief and now she's resting comfortably and I can talk about my knitting :)
I'm kind of stalled out on the Voluta. It could be the fact that the rows are so long, or that I haven't read the pattern for a while and I can't remember where I should stop for the armholes, or it could be the fact that I don't really like where I joined the body to the border.
Whatever the reason, I have only worked about 3 rows since the Youngest was born.
Come to think of it, it could also be that I just don't often have two hands free and the requisite brain power to knit...
In the reading column I took a week off from A Feast for Crows to finish up Blood, Bones and Butter which was terrific.
(please excuse my knee)
But now I am back into the world of Westeros and the story is picking up again.
What's on your needles today?

12 comments:

  1. "Come to think of it, it could also be that I just don't often have two hands free and the requisite brain power to knit..."

    Yeah, that could be it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a great cable pattern. Sometimes knitting just needs to be slow and steady, it will always be patiently waiting for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you need a break from your pattern,but what you have knit is simply beautiful! Really! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is beautiful. I hope you stick with it I am sure it will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm very impressed that you could knit such an intricate pattern with a new baby in tow........loving that colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pattern is stunning! I really, really like the cables.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's quite a cable pattern! I could see how that could affect things, especially with a small one to take care of, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must figure out where you are and keep on knitting, it is so beautiful!!! I love the intricate cabling :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is gorgeous jess, please do continue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful and full of promise. I hope you find a way forward with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad that two hands are a definite requirement for knitting! :)

    Our sad, gassy baby was happier today--hope your's was too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting pattern! I forgot how I wanted to read Blood bones and butter! thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete