Monday, April 2, 2012

Nesting

It's the 39th week of my pregnancy and I am doing my best to keep myself occupied in the absence of visiting any workplaces this week.

I have small bursts of energy and then it's nap time, so I am doing my best to harness the energy while it's here...

As you have seen, there has been lots and lots of knitting, a little sewing, and also reading and napping.
I hope to include some sanding and painting this week too.
My favorite nursing place for both of my sweet babies is an antique rocking chair and for about 5 years it has been in the garage having suffered an injury. 

My friend the carpenter fixed up the broken rung and I recovered the cushion this morning.



 It felt just right to settle into my rocker again. I don't know if I'll get to repainting it, but I did give it a good scrubdown last night, and it doesn't look too bad for all the neglect it has suffered.

(my husband would like it if I addressed the clutter as part of my nesting, but I don't know if that'll happen)


I have also been doing a lot of knitting. I started a new sweater this week for myself.


I am a sucker for cool construction techniques. These pieces are the bottom borders, and they'll join up at the back hem.then the sweater is picked up and worked bottom up from the border.

There is also a really well-written 1 row buttonhole that I think I will use forevermore.
I can hear the laundry calling, so I'll sign off.
Have a beautiful Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment