Saturday, February 23, 2013

Portrait Inspiration

So a great side-effect of participating in a project like Yarn Along or Keep Calm and Craft On or the 52 Portraits is that you meet some amazing, talented, like-minded folks.
Today I visited the very cool Ruby at her blog - Ruby Hoppen.
Ruby is participating in 52 Portraits, but instead of a photo, she's making watercolor paintings of her sweet one.
Ruby inspired me to try a drawing of The Youngest this afternoon.


It's been a long time since I did any drawing from life, and a squirmy, always-on-the-move, 10 month old may not have been the best way to jump back in.
She was in the high chair when I started, but got pretty restless after her graham cracker was all et up.
It's not perfect, and I think I may worry it a bit more before I am satisfied, but I think I will do another one soon.
Maybe if I bribed them with a movie, I could get the Elder and the Younger to sit still for longer...

No comments:

Post a Comment