Monday, March 30, 2015

Yarn Along (a couple days early)

Working on Wednesday mornings has really cut into my knit-blogging-time, let me tell you...
This week, however, it's Spring Break and I have all the time in the world.


After 14 years of knitting, and 12 years working at yarn shops, I have a sizable yarn stash and it is a goal of mine to begin knitting that down over the next year.
I pre-ordered Botanical Knits by Alana Dakos over two years ago, and when it came I was so excited to choose a pattern and cast on. However, I got busy and now, finally, I am starting my first project Autumn's End.
This sweater is knit from Tracie yarn that I snagged in a clearance sale a few years ago.
I'm loving the knitting. The yarn has a great bounce, and the pattern has an easy repeat.
Though, since the season finale of The Walking Dead was so awesome last night, I had to do a little triage on a few of the lace repeats this morning.

I have been on an Autobiography kick lately. In the last two months I've read/listened to Born Standing Up: A Comic's Life by Steve Martin, I Must Say:My Life as a Humble Comedy Genius by Martin Short, Yes Please by Amy Poehler, Girl Walks into a Bar by Rachel Dratch and I started, but did not finish yet, As You Wish by Cary Elwes and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. My book club decided to read Pioneer Girl by Laura Ingalls Wilder, but it proved difficult to find, so we put it off for the future. I had already ordered my copy, though, and so now I'm reading that. Any annotated book takes me years to read, I get so distracted by the notes, so I'm not too far into it, but it's an enjoyable read so far.
What's on your needles right now?
Joining Ginny

11 comments:

  1. Hello. This is such a lovely yarn you are using. I'm sure it will be so pretty when you're done with it. How fun to work in a yarn shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, that sweater looks lovely and squishy. Beautiful yarn and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that pattern looks soooooo lovely - I love the texture and depth! What pattern is it? Your words 'easy repeat' makes it even more tempting and I'm looking for something squishy and bouncy for a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alana's patterns are so well-written. The sweater looks lovely already.

    My house would be stuffed with yarn if I had worked at a yarn store at all, especially for more than a decade!

    I keep saying I'm going to stash-bust only, but then I end up at the yarn store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pattern is awesome!! I am going to have to take a closer look at it, I really like it and might need to add it to my must knit list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh this book looks so interesting. :) I love all of the patterns here. Perhaps a future buy for me. Your work looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like to listen to Alana's podcast and would eventually like to get that book! Your knitting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful stitch you're working with. What is it called? Also, I love Laura's books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful pattern. I am looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous knit... colour and pattern is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colour and the pattern looks lovely - so tempted to get Botanical knits!!

    ReplyDelete