Thursday, May 22, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies


This recipe, with some ammendments, is from the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.


Peanut Butter Reese's Pieces Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

2 sticks butter, softened

1 cup packed light brown sugar (I used dark)

1 cup granulated sugar (I used baking sugar)

1 cup extra-crunchy peanut butter (I used creamy)

2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts, ground fine (I used Reese's Pieces)

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.Whisk the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a bowl and set aside.

2. Beat the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-6 minutes. Beat in the peanut butter until fully incorporated, about 30 seconds.Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, until combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl and beaters as needed.

3. Reduce speed to low and slowly mix in the dry ingredients until combined. Mix in the peanuts (Reese's Pieces) until incorporated.

4. Using a spoon make balls with about a tablespoon-worth of dough. I pressed down the dough with my fingers instead of the traditional fork smush.

5. Bake until the edges are golden and the centers have puffed up and are beginning to deflate, 10-12 minutes. America's Test Kitchen suggests turning the pans around halfway through. I don't always remember to do this with my cookies, but it does make for more even baking.

6. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes before eating or moving to another surface. They need the time to set up, or they will crumble.

7. Enjoy with a tall glass of milk.
These were a hit with my knitting class on Tuesday, and I have to say that we don't have very many left round the 'old fifth lamp house, even with the hubby's distaste of peanut butter cookies.
I have also made the recipe following the recipe exactly and it is terrific as well.
You all know my deep and abiding love for any recipe from the Test Kitchen.
Have a good night,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment