Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mission: Submission

I brought my One Yard Wonders submission to Crafty Planet yesterday.

I worked up a larger rocket and I added a pocket to use up most of a yard of fabric.

I agonized over the directions, hoping that they would be clear enough for someone who is not me and had never made the rocket.

I asked my mom to test my pattern, and here is what she made, in an afternoon, no less.

This new rocket takes an entire 8 oz bag of stuffing, and it is super fun for tossing around with the kids.
My mom gave me some suggestions for the directions, and I finished tweaking on Sunday night.
It is a huge relief to have this project finished, and in about a year I can see it in a book!
I just want to thank all the little people who helped me come to this moment-
Thanks to my kids for being so cute and needing a toy rocket.
Thanks to my Mom for helping me with the pattern directions.
Thanks to NASA for going to space.
o.k. I went a little overboard on that last one...
Yesterday was my first visit to Crafty Planet at their new location.
Totally worth the drive.
They have a GIANT selection of super cute japanese prints, along with all the other usual suspects, Michael Miller, Alexander Henry, Moda, etc., and yarn to boot!
I like to go there because, even though nothing can replace Treadle as fabric store #1 for me, they have a different inventory than Treadle and it is fun to see different stuff.
Time to bring the Younger to school,
Talk to you all soon,
Jess

3 comments:

  1. How nice that you can visit the store in person! From their online selection it looks as though they have a great variety.

    I sent my instructions in a few weeks ago, and now I have to figure out what I want my biographical blurb to be. I promised my daughters I'd mention their names so they could be in the book as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, mine is probably going to be late. I went to mail it yesterday, forgetting that the post office was closed! Oh noes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so excited for you and your submission! can't wait to see it in book form.

    ReplyDelete