Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fiber Camp

This past week at the Yarnery I taught my annual Kids Camp.
Even though it's called Knit and Crochet Camp, we do lots of different fiber projects.
We dye yarn with Kool-aid,
and make needle tops of Sculpey.
This student exceeded my expectations with Mermaid and Merman toppers complete with trident.
We cover journals with pieces of felted sweaters
We make signs on felt rectangles to hang on bedroom doorsAnd make barrettes inspired by these at Angry Chicken

We also did a little knitting and crochet, and a couple of girls decided to teach themselves how to needle felt 3 dimensional objects.
I was so inspired by this group of creative ladies!
I think I will add in the needle felting as an official project next time.
All in all a most successful week of crafty energy.

1 comment: