Sunday, July 12, 2009

Score!

I was driving home from work last night and I found a sweet little desk on the side of the road.
It's just the right size for coloring and there is a compartment underneath which holds the Elder's favorite markers and coloring book.

There was no chair, but I went to my favorite antique mall this morning before work and found the perfect chair.
It was a little on the expensive side, and I didn't feel I had the budget for the matching chair, but as the desk was a freebie I went ahead and got it.
The top of the desk needs a little love, there are stickers and drawing and a big water mark from something on it, so I might sand it down and paint it.
But, then again, I kind of like the sense of history, of the children who have written and learned on this desk.

We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. Score, indeed! Could your favorite antique mall be Mall of St. Paul, like me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart girl you! I bet your littles love it.
    Blessings,
    G

    ReplyDelete