Saturday, October 10, 2009

The busiest week ever

I have been wondering how to discuss my activities this week, and I came to the realization that there's nothing to it, but to do it.

On Monday, I traveled to the site of the latest Extreme Makeover: Home Edition which has been in production about a half-mile from my house.
I was one of a handful of folks in the cities who did some sewing for the house and I went to pick up some fabric.
I didn't take any pictures on site, I got the feeling that the house was strictly off limits, and I didn't want to overstay my welcome in the rest of the area.
I really did want to take a picture of the Swedish Chef as the celebrity helper for this project was the Muppets!, but I was told that they could only be photographed with their puppeteers, and not dead on the table as the Chef, Fozzie and Kermit were when I saw them.
The house that was redone belonged to a lovely woman who provides lower-cost childcare to the neighborhood and I spoke to a friend who's children have been with this childcare provider for years, and the kids got to spend the week with the Muppets.
They went to the Zoo, and on other adventures and got a private variety show too.
Every adult I know has been totally freaking out about the awesomeness of the Muppets, but the kids are all taking it in stride.

Wednesday was another big day, I spent the morning sewing up a storm, and when I picked up the Younger Hug-a-Bug from preschool the weather was perfect for a visit to the park.
It was about 70 degrees out and we played in the water a little and fed some ducks.

That night Caritas Vocal Ensemble performed at a variety show in Saint Paul.
It's called Sample Night Live and it is a really interesting program.
I went in April and I saw a couple of theatre troupes, a couple of singers, a slam poet and a modern dance group.
Wednesday there were excerpts from 2 plays, a magician, an excape artist, a comedian, a slam poet, a stripper (no kidding)
a couple of bands and us singing a capella choral music.

Thursday was another trip to an orchard, this time with the Elder Hug-a-Bug's kindergarten classes. I had to scoot out of there early, as the Younger Hug-a-Bug was pretty sick.
Thursday night I dropped off the pillows for the Extreme House and took a tour of the new home.
It is pretty amazing that they do an entire house in a week.
They put in landscaping, a new playset in the backyard, they built a garage, it was really neat.

Cut to yesterday night with a backyard cookout, and this morning waking up to snow, this has been the craziest week in recent memory for me.
How was your week?

3 comments:

  1. What a great week!! Sure beats the h*ll out of my week, which consisted of...grading. Oof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a week! I had a good and bad week - my birthday = good, being sick with a cold = bad. Luckily we didn't have many engagements just the normal work load. Oh, and one party for the hubby's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How cool! Sounds like a great week.

    Let us all know when your pillows will be making their debut.

    ReplyDelete