Monday, August 2, 2010

Revelation

I have figured out how to make vegan cheese palatable, and I just had to share it here.
I grated up 1/2 cup cheese about an hour before I needed to put it on the pizza for dinner.
Then I drained it in some paper towels suspended over a bowl.
There was about 2 tablespoons of liquid in the bowl after I gave it a little squeeze after the hour was up.
Then I mixed the drained "cheese" which was about the texture of cream cheese at this point, with a little flour, some dried basil, dried oregano, fresh ground pepper and kosher salt.
I crumbled the mixture over the pizza and baked it.
The cheese-y mixture didn't melt much, but it did get toasty brown and it tasted good.
All the "Next Food Network Star" that I have been watching must have paid off!
Thanks Bobby Flay.

No comments:

Post a Comment