Friday, April 1, 2011

More Sewing

I finished up one more dress for the Elder a couple of days ago, and another this morning, which makes a total of 4 new dresses in the last 2 months.
It may be time to stop, she'll run out of room in the closet before long.
This first one is another model for Treadle, the pattern is M5694.
I did cheat a little, and I didn't make buttonholes for the straps.
The dress should still go on fine without them.

The second one is a pattern that I was trying out for the store from The Handmade Dress.This is the Miss Madeline Dress.
To tell the truth, I wasn't over the moon about this pattern.
The instructions were pretty clear, but there is a do-it-yourself quality to the pattern pieces that might be off-putting for some. Also, the assembly order was a little weird and the seam allowance was only 3/8" instead of 5/8". That last one is a picky thing, but I like to make french seams and that's just not an easy thing with so little seam allowance.
On the other hand, it does make a pretty cute dress, so I guess I would say try these patterns, but be prepared for some weirdness.

Now I think it's time to sew something for the Younger so he doesn't feel left out.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments: