Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yarn Along

Joining Ginny today, I know, it's been a while!
To tell the truth, I haven't been doing that much knitting lately.
I had a couple of test projects to finish up for Blue Sky Alpacas, but they're top secret until the patterns come out, so I couldn't share those.
Also, I have been sewing a lot the past few weeks.
Anyway, I am knitting something now -
This is a hooded scarf for a customer.
We looked through a lot of photos on Ravelry and the customer chose those features he liked the best out of the options available (narrow scarf, big rib, cable detail around the hood).
I'm designing this one as I go, so we'll see if it comes out alright in the end.
The yarn is Cocoon from Rowan.
So far I am loving the knitting, also the yarn holds up well to repeated ripping out, a casualty of designing on the needles.

The books are both new.
I have been eagerly awaiting Little Things to Sew by Liesl Gibson for some time, and I ran out and bought it this morning.
There are at least 6 projects that I'm really excited about, and the Elder has already picked out the fabric for one that she wants me to start TOMORROW please.

While I was at the bookstore I saw an inexpensive edition of Frankenstein, and since I have always wanted to read it, and there it was, I snapped it up.
There is a lot of great information about Mary Shelley's life and family in the beginning of the book, and that is about as much as I had time to read today.
I hope to start the actual story tomorrow.

What are you reading and knitting lately?

8 comments:

  1. I read Frankenstein for the first time last year with my son. Interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i can't wait to see Little Things to Sew !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you design on the needles. Scary! I look forward to seeing the completed project - and those top secret projects have piqued my curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get the Little Things book, myself! It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brave!!! Designing on the needles - I could not do. Now my husband... that he could do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I've been wanting to check that book out too! Are there quite a few good projects in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your knitting is lovely. I read Frankenstein in university and I really liked it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Little Things out from the library right now! I can easily say that I'd like to make about 80% of the projects in the book. Maybe I should buy it, eh?

    As for knitting, still working on the heloborus but only because I ran into a needle stumbling block, back on track now.

    ReplyDelete