Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yarn Along

Happy Wednesday

It's time to Yarn Along again!
I have a couple of finished things this week, I finished the hooded scarf that I was working on two weeks ago as well as last week's sock. The cuff of the second sock is behind me, and I may finish the pair by class next Monday.

This week I have been reading The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb.
It is so good! There are twists and turns and some really hard stuff (it starts with the shootings at Columbine High School).
There is something that I just can't resist about Wally Lamb. His stories draw me in and I just don't want to stop reading. When I read She's Come Undone, I just sat down and read all night through. I literally didn't want to put it down. Unfortunately, this leads to a little less laundry and a little more computer time for the Younger. It's a good thing it's so rotten outside so I can justify the sitting and reading.
Update: I finished the book this morning, despite the fact that my eyes were dilated from my eye appointment, and wept.
What a writer that Wally Lamb is.

9 comments:

  1. It's pretty rotten here too! No snow anymore, but COLD! I read She's Come Undone when it first came out and was enthralled. I have not read anything else by him though. He's too realistic for me... good trait in a writer, but sometimes not what I need.

    The hood looks great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow... blah!
    I haven't read any Wally Lamb in years... years! I'll have to add this one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - snow! I've heard there is also snow back home in Buffalo but we're having seasonable temperatures here. :)

    Would you believe I've never read anything by Wally Lamb? Although every time I title a short story after a song I say I think I should check one of his books out of the library.

    LOVE the hooded scarf! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been intrigued with the hooded scarf idea. May have to go looking for a pattern soon.

    Stopping in from yarn along. My link is http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-17/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any Wally Lamb. I'll have to add him to the list.
    Glad the snow has melted.
    Happy Easter! Are you directing that morning?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not directing on Easter, but I am singing. It should be a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to add that book to my list! Thanks for the recommendation. The hat looks so pretty and I love the scarf attached :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are deep in the snow still, too. Love those green wools!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree - love Wally Lamb!

    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete