Friday, August 30, 2013

Food Blog! Spatchcock!

I have been remiss in my postings about the August of Fewer Boxes, but I have been doing my best to have home made stuff that tastes good.
Tonight I spatchcocked a chicken on the grill and it was delicious.
I rubbed it with some olive oil, a couple of crushed cloves of garlic and Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning, and then off to the grill. 
I cooked it over indirect heat, skin down, for 30 minutes, and then I flipped it over and cooked it another 20.
I turned it back over cooked it another 5 minutes over heat to give it come color. I cooked it under a skillet (which according to this I should have filled up with rocks or something to make it heavier) to squish it while it cooked. One recipe I read said that I should have cooked it over heat first to really char the skin, I didn't want charred, but I could have used a little more crispiness.

Next time, I think I will do the direct heat first.
This is a blurry representation of the entire meal which screams summer to me. Roasted corn, homemade coleslaw and the spatchcocked bird.
It was delicious.
And now it's all gone.
What's on your menu today?

No comments:

Post a Comment