Thursday, August 22, 2013

Records

 Yesterday, before our boating adventure, we found a surprise waiting for us at the playground.
This 4-in-1 radio record/cd/tape player was just sitting on the ground.
While we were there the maintenance crews tried to throw it away twice, so I felt no qualms about bringing it home.

This morning The Younger and I did a little fiddling and got it working.
Now, The Younger is a record-playing expert, and we've been enjoying my records that have been languishing in the basement for years.
 These are a few of my children's records, some from my own record-loving youth.
I can't wait to sit back and enjoy my Django Reinhardt again.
I am quite sure that I bought this record for the cover alone, I don't know if I have ever listened to it, but today it's on my list.
Such an exciting find!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! It would be interesting to know the story behind why it was left in the park; I guess we'll just have to leave it up to our imaginations!

    ReplyDelete