My bosses at The Yarnery have designed a fun collection of scarves using Malabrigo Worsted yarn.
I was inspired to use their new colorway for a little something for The Youngest.
The original scarf pattern uses linen stitch, but I didn't think The Youngest would keep a scarf on, so I made it into a hat.
After I knitted a rectangle that was half as wide as it was long, I folded it in half and used a 3-needle bind-off to close it up.
Then I added a tassel and ties.
I'm semi-happy with it as is, but I think I'll do some further modifications. It gaps a little in the back, so I plan to pick up a band along the bottom to pull it in, and then I'll add a button and remove the ties.
I totally missed all of the yarning and crafting alongs this week, but better late than never...
Joining Ginny and Nicole