Friday, May 29, 2009

Doll-mania continues

I made a doll for the Hug-a-Bugs, really me, last year when I participated in a doll clothes swap with the wonderful ladies at Sugar City Journal.
The swap was for clothing to fit an 18" doll like an American Girl, but I didn't have one, so I made one.
Anyway, I was going through the dollies around Christmastime and I found this doll, her name was Siobhan, and thought to myself, "She never plays with this one, maybe I should just donate it to the shelter, I can always make another one." So I did.
Well, as you can imagine, though it did take a little while, when she saw that it was gone, all I have heard from the Elder is "Where is Siobhan? Why did you give her away?"

So the day before yesterday I started making a new Siobhan.This morning we stuffed her, the Younger Hug-a-Bug and myself, and he proved an excellent assistant.

Take a bow new Siobhan -

would anyone out there be up for a new Doll Clothes Swap?
I had a ton of fun last time.
Leave me a comment here or email me at bandjontheriver(at)msn(dot)com if you would like to join in.

Woo Hoo! I do love swaps.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never made a doll, but I've got the patterns for Olive and Archie from Wee Wonderfuls. I'm thinking those would be good to make for Juliet this Christmas. Anyhoo, your doll looks awesome! And I'd totally be up for a doll clothes swap. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern--did you create it yourself? I really like how the arms and legs are joined to the body, she has a great shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, you are so talented, Jess!! That is just a great looking doll.

    ReplyDelete