Tuesday, May 26, 2009

buncha knitting and sewing and stuff

I spent a lot of the past week at the sewing machine.
I made myself a new shirt, made the Elder Hug-a-Bug a skirt, and just finished a doll for the CraftHope project.Here she is next to her friend Chloe.

The mailing deadline for CraftHope is June 13, but they have received so many dolls that I don't know if this one will get to be used right away.
I am a procrastinator, as I have stated often before, and even though making a doll only takes a couple of days, I waited for over a month to even get started.
For her body I used my favorite shirt that I couldn't wear anymore because it developed a large hole in the front. I was glad to be able to reuse it, it is a nice soft cotton.
I also finished one sleeve for my Elizabeth I sweater this weekend.
This is some sloooow knitting, but I am sure that I will love wearing it if it ever gets done.

Even with all that craftiness, I was still able to fill my belly with lots of food.
We spent Memorial Day lunch at my parents' house having some delicious wieners and super good pie that was gone before I thought about taking a picture of it.
(Can you see how the hot dog fairly glows with yumminess?)
The kids had a super time, and besides spending time with my parents, I got to see my brother and his family, it was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. The dolls are soooo cute. The little one that receives one is a very lucky child. Such a wonderful cause to donate your time to.

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to comment to let you know that yes, your doll will be used right away. In Nicaragua, we stay at one orphanage called Casa Bernabe, but we visit other places while we are in Nic. We visit the Managua city dump. There is a community there called La Chureca where 1500 people including about half of them being children who work in the dump mining the trash for recyclables. Orphanetwork also works with six other orphanages and one feeding center called Nueva Vida. Believe me, we'll be handing out dolls everywhere we go. I promise to find the perfect little girlie to love this sweet doll. Thank you so much for helping out with this project. I means so much.

    Blessings,

    Eren

    ReplyDelete