Sunday, May 10, 2009

Shepherds Harvest

Yesterday and today the Shepherd's Harvest Sheep and Wool Festival was and is going on at the Washington County Fairgrounds.
My friend Nancy and I went with our families. We spent the morning looking at sheep and goats and stock dogs, but, my friends, it was COLD there.
So when the rams and lambs got too cold and hungry, we went home.
Then Nancy and I went back for seconds after naps were established.
Nancy is a spinner. She is doing her best to suck me in to her twisty world, and I got some beautiful wool/silk roving.
I also bought two basket kits;



The lovely and talented Elder Hug-a-Bug wanted to try her hand at some basket weaving and did a couple of rows. She really enjoyed it, and I think we can do the next basket entirely as a team.
The basket ended up a little lop-sided, but that's o.k. with me.
It was also supposed to have a handle, but the cane broke, so an open table-top basket it is.
I don't know if I said this before, but I am not very good at making baskets.
I just like to do it.

So, I think it was a very successful day at the festival, and I can't wait for next year!

In other news, the front of the Elizabeth I is completed. I have one sleeve cast on, but it isn't very far along.

The front needs a good blocking, as you can see, but I am really getting excited about this sweater.
My next conundrum is whether to make the back the same as the front, as instructed, or make a plain back which will be easier and faster.

Have a wonderful Mother's day!
Jess

3 comments:

  1. happy *late* mother's day, jess! love the basket - wish I had seen the kits! i loved the baskets there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweater front is gorgeous! It looks like it was fun...just enough drama to add interest but lots of stockinette to make it go faster!

    I also really like the pictures of basket weaving, and I so wish I could have gone to the wool festival!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today...I do hope you like the honey cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 - The picture your gal took turned out great! We look so cute!

    2 - I had the BEST time at the festival. It was a real highlight to race away from the families and go shopping.

    3 - YOUR YARN LOOKS AWESOME!!!

    4 - The basket turned out great. I love that you got to work on it with a friend.

    5 - Your pretty green sweater looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete