Friday, June 5, 2009

I was dreaming when I wrote this-

Last night some friends and I kicked it old school.
I am talking really old.
We partied like it was 1899.

I attended my neighborhood ecfe class for 3 years, and was fortunate enough to have a superior teacher. This teacher is retiring after 30 years and as a thank you for her guidance, wisdom and patience many of the neighborhood families decorated fabric squares to put together as a quilt.

I wasn't able to be a part of ecfe this year, our schedule didn't allow for it, but I was happy to be able to help assemble the quilt for our wonderful teacher.

Last night I asked folks to come over and help out and we had an honest to goodness quilting bee at my house.

I even made lemon pound cake for the occasion.Our great-grandmothers probably did not have any beer or chips and guacamole when they had similar gatherings, but one must change with the times.
This quilt is so wonderful. I will post more pictures of the quilt when it is finished, the workmanship and love that went into each square is truly inspiring.

5 comments:

  1. Old school looks fun!

    And my hand is healing fine. Thank you for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess- It turned out lovely! It really was the icing on the cake for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like my kind of fun. I actually have a knitting, sewing, margarita party planned very soon with some family and friends!

    ReplyDelete