Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Walk in the woods.

We went for a hike by Minnehaha Creek today and followed it to the Mississippi River.
We saw some beautiful things-
A heron

A stonework across the river
Some amazing treesAnd a mountain made of cheese
and Pirate Hieroglyphics.
The cliffs down there are made of sandstone. There was a lot of graffiti carved into the rocks, and the sand is quite yellow, reminding the kids of making macaroni and cheese.

It was a lovely way to spend the morning, but it made me kinda hungry...

5 comments:

  1. What great hike. We have a new trail put in by our house that we have been really enjoying. I love to get the kids outside & watch them explore their surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a hike i haven't taken for a while, must add it to my to-do list.

    mac & cheese would be perfect for lunch....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must eat mac & cheese....

    I love these pictures. The one of the tree is especially cool. It's hard to tell if the tree is upside down or right side up!

    My kids also love hiking down there. Let's go together some time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess -
    Thought I'd let you know "NOW I IZ A BLOGGER!!"
    I attached a blog thing to my website. There isn't anything but a "Hi I'm here" type of message but at least I'm internet-published.

    Check it out at www.FamilyTalesDVD.con/blog

    Best

    Uncle Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. so serene. I love the graffiti on the rocks.

    ReplyDelete