Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Yarn Along


Yarn Along time again!
I've been doing a lot of knitting this week but it all seems to be not for this project.
There was the scarf that I started last week, that was a sample for a class that I'll be teaching soon at the Yarnery, so it's hanging up there.
I didn't even take a photo.
I did some customer work on a stocking, which turned out much smaller than the original, and I haven't decided to leave it as is, or rip it out and begin again.
And then there are the fronts of Aeneas here, which I finished, but ripped out and re-knitted so it looks pretty much the same as last week.
I did start on a sleeve, so when that and its friend are finished I can start seaming.
Hopefully I'll have this finished up by the middle of September.
I pulled To Kill a Mockingbird from the bookshelf this week, and I just picked up where I left off the last time.
What I need is some dedicated reading time with that book. It's such a joy to read, but I am feeling a little disjointed lately, and I haven't had the time to devote to really sinking in and reading it.
What's on your list this week for books and yarn?

8 comments:

house full of jays said...

I've been thinking of re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird. It's been a while...
Wow, your sweater looks fantastic! All that cabling - gorgeous!

Swanski said...

Gosh it looks great and you are so close to be done. I also would like to carve out some dedicated reading time. I am waiting for next week. Both kids will be off to university.

Knitters Notebook said...

The yarn your using is beautiful...

~~Renee

Emily said...

Cables are just so exciting!

I am really loving that red you're using.

Jen said...

Sweater is looking AWESOME!

I'm knitting up a baby sweater for a friend and trying to make my way through "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" before it's due back to the library next week.

Gretchen R said...

I'm really loving how this is turning out! I think this will be your favorite sweater. I haven't read that book in ages. I can't wait for my kids to experience it for the first time.

Lori ann said...

Oh that red! What a treasure it's going to be when your done (almost!) I've avoided seaming with recent knitting.

I hope you find that reading time!

Amy Caroline said...

It looks like you got more done! I can't wait to see it finished.