I finished the blanket today.
It came off the loom yesterday, and I got a start on the fringing.
I went with a random stripe, usually I am a very concrete person, so this was a departure for me.
You can see in this photo that about 8 inches from the right-hand side of the blanket there is a pretty clear flaw.
When the Elder and I set up the warp we twisted two strands, and twisted they remained for the duration of the weaving process.
this snowsuit for the wee bairn and then she'll have a matching stroller ensemble.
When I decided to get weaving again I went to Interweave Press online and downloaded a couple of how-to e-books.
The next thing I want to try is some more challenging warp set-ups.
For this blanket I did a zig-zag twill weave; every 4 inches or so I just reversed the order of the pedals that I used.
One of the books I downloaded had really complicated-looking patterns that they swear can be accomplished by following a chart.
I may keep you all apprised of my progress as far as that goes, faithful readers.
I hope all is well with you out there.