Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Yarn Along

Yarning Along with Ginny
My husband got a Kindle for work, and I got sucked in to The Hunger Games. We have a deal where we can download a book a month for free, so after we both devoured the book last week we downloaded the second one on Sunday. 
Unfortunately, Catching Fire, the second installment, is such a speedy read that now we have to wait a whole month before we can get the third book. 
I may have to go to the library...

The sweater is Sylvi from the 2008 Twist Collective. It's on nice big needles and is going fairly quickly. My husband and I have been catching up on Breaking Bad, so I have had some nice, uninterrupted knitting time. I may have this one finished by Springtime.
 What's on your needles today?

11 comments:

  1. My library has digital downloads- including overdrive kindle books :) Maybe yours does too! And as for the sylvi- it is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my. that is just stunning. wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lots of twists on the Sylvi! Glad is it going quick. I could only dream of kntting like that : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard very good things about The Hunger Games. Once I get through some of the books on my shelf, I'll give myself permission to read it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess... your knitting never ceases to amaze me! So gorgeous! And those books... loved them both times I read them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cables are just amazing - looking forward to learning someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous sweater, i love the red. it's going to be fantastic when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everybody's talking about that show. I'll have to watch it. I may have a copy of the last hunger games. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hoot! My husband just finished Hunger Games and told me I need to read it. I hung up the phone with my daughter who had just finished it and said the same thing and now I read YOUR blog post!

    Love your sweater!

    ReplyDelete