Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Carried Away

The stagers come tomorrow and then it's time for photos and then on Monday we list our house.
We have been busy little bees.
So much painting, so much packing...
As a super fun diversion tonight we decided to build a little vignette on the craft table.
I grabbed a pile of fabric and got to work.
The Hubby painted the floor, we set up some extra furniture and I put together a little quilt top for visual interest.

The center square is from an adorable embroidered towel I got at a rummage sale about 8 years ago and hadn't had the guts to cut into it.

Since the little sleepy elephant has polka dotted pajamas I thought a small squares border would look fun and polka dotty.
To echo that, and to break up the monotony of the big white wall I hung up some embroidery hoops with fabric.

I may have gone a little overboard, but it was such a breath of fresh air to do something neither paint or floor-scrubbing related I just couldn't stop myself.
After the stagers came they made a few minor tweaks, and it all came together so nicely.

2 comments:

  1. nice! and that is a cute towel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how you are getting so much crafting done in the midst of moving. We need to move in the next few years, and I am just dreading the whole staging thing!

    ReplyDelete