Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Crafting On, Home Improvement Edition. Otherwise Entitled - When in Doubt, Paint it Out

It's been a couple of weeks of solid home improvement over here. As I said yesterday, there has been a lot of focus on the front porch. But we have also been painting the kitchen and stairs, which are both lengthy processes, and I couldn't help doing a couple of smaller, more instantly gratifying projects. 
Our kitchen table had seen better days. It was a dingy brown, and the top was scratched, so I took a leap and painted it aqua to match our toaster. 
I love it, but the hubby isn't quite convinced. 
Also, we had a grungy old ottoman that puffed out dusty padding every time we put up our feet, so I gave The Younger a hammer and let him break it up for the garbage folks. Then I got some spray paint and a piece of fabric and remodeled our lego table.
You may have noticed the artistic framing of my photos here, the mess is pretty fantastic in the old homestead, but slowly I'm getting things into boxes.
Joining Nicole this morning.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the aqua painted table is a great pop of color in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete