Sunday, July 19, 2015

Paint it Out, vol. 3

When we moved in to this house the kitchen had a horrible white vinyl floor. We lived with it for six years, or so, but one day realized that it wouldn't take that much to rip it out and so we did.
Underneath we found a sturdy maple floor that needed a little lovin'.
Over the past five years I've lackadaisically paid attention to it, it does get a good scrub now and then, hands and knees style.
But it was still pretty grubby. 
So yesterday I hunkered down and did something about it.



I'm pretty pleased with it. The Hubby is reserving judgement until the topcoat of polyurethane goes down.
The kids have been camping with their grandparents all weekend, so we have been painting fiends. Both of their bedrooms and the downstairs bathroom have a fresh new look.
Now to touch up a few ceilings and paint the stairs to the porch, and I think we can call it a day.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I smile every time I walk into the kitchen.

      Delete
  2. Wow, your floor looks great! And you are so brave to go ahead with something this bold. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat!!! What a daring thing to try! I would have been soo nervous! It looks fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete