Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Paint it Out, vol. 2

When we moved in and saw the state of these stairs, we said we'd live with the scuffs, and old carpet adhesive for a little while, but eventually we would have to do something.
It's been over eleven years, and in that time I did manage to remove the carpet staples, but the stairs were just as shabby looking. 
So, I took a two-step approach to this one, and stained the treads.
Which made them look pretty nice, and then, with the help of another superstar friend, I sanded and painted the risers.
Which, in my opinion, looks dynamite.
Yet another project which took 3 days, and eleven years.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you won't move after all, after all your effort to beautify your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is still the small matter of The Youngest sleeping in a closet, but I am finding that I do love this home of ours.

      Delete