Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Great Stash Elimination Project

Over the course of 13 plus years working in fiber retail I have accumulated quite the library of books related therein.
In my defense, I purchased the vast majority of them with a shop discount, and many others were free. That said, this is a giant pile (or five giant piles) so I went through and did a brutal culling.
If there was only one thing I would make in a book or magazine it went on the discard pile. If there were similar sweaters in more than one book one went on the pile.
I probably won't start heavy duty quilting, so those books go on the pile. Duplicate books (!?!) went on the pile.
There are some beautiful things in there, and I think I'll try to sell some. If you're local and have an interest in knitting, sewing clothes or quilting drop me a line.
There are some beauties in here, a lovely stack of Interweave Knits and knitscene magazines from the past 10 years or so. A couple of Alice Starmore books 
A handful of Rowan magazines

The prospect of packing up and moving all of this is not appealing to me, so that made the winnowing much easier.
All in all, there hasn't been too much time to actually use these books of late, but hopefully we'll get back to our normal rhythms once the paint-a-thon is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment